Code Of Conduct
QMK strives to be an inclusive, tolerant, and welcoming community. We encourage participation from anyone regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, political belief, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
“A gentle word turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Our users, contributors, and collaborators are expected to treat each other with kindness and respect, to assume good intentions, and to gently correct, where possible, rather than react with escalation. While our goal is to be as accurate as possible, kindness and understanding are more valuable than correctness. Some examples of behavior we will not tolerate include, but is not limited to:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery
- Unwelcome advances, sexual or otherwise
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Insults or derogatory comments, or personal or political attacks
- Publishing others’ private information without explicit permission
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
If someone is violating this Code of Conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to one of the Collaborators to bring it to our attention. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated.
QMK will seek to use the least punitive means available to resolve an issue. If the circumstances require asking an offender to leave, we will do that.
Reports will be taken and kept in strict confidence. You will not be required to confront an offender directly.